This is my second try with this pattern and this one came out much better, so I think there's been some progress with my sewing! My friend and I are making these together, using a pattern based on one of my daughter's bibs. I used a floral cotton for the front, a blue flannel for the back, and cotton batting to give it thickness. The curves make it difficult for an inexperienced seamstress like myself, but I'm starting to get more control over the speed and placement of the seaming, and I read somewhere that pinking the seam allowance makes for better curves, so I tried that. For a fastener I used an iron-on velcro, which seems to be sticking even after my daughter roughly tugged on it few times--but only time will tell. We got through many bibs around here, so I plan to make lots of these!