Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Giving

The gloves were finished and blocked by Christmas Eve, and I took this picture of them in the morning. The color is actually much richer than this, but my camera seems to have trouble with red.



Later that day.....

Sister's gloves:



Mom's scarf:



Brother-in-law's hat:



Husband's scarf:




Elsa's bunny (upside down!):



(to be added--Dad's hat--when I get a picture)

Everything fit well and the recipients look pleased, don't you think? I have always loved giving presents, but it is even more fulfilling when it is something handmade that is appreciated.

5 comments:

Batty said...

Oh, those are all gorgeous! I love your Fetching gloves. Very elegant!

The color you picked for your mom's scarf looks fantastic on her, and it's obvious the bunny is getting loads of love. Nice gifts all around!

Knittypants said...

All your gifts are gorgeous. I love the fetching gloves, and I am working on the same bunny (I think) he's so cute.

Zonda said...

I love those fetching gloves! Yikes all those tiny finger tubes (I mean knitting them!) Great work! The rest of your knits are really nice as well! Everyone looks like they enjoyed receiving them! :)

Triona said...

Those all look great! I was debating trying to turn Fetching into mittens- after seeing your gloves I think it would work.

Lucky you to have such obviously grateful recipients, too!

elsasmom said...

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your comments.